Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What is it?

Colin Grundy

In amongst my various boxes of bits I have found a black MG Rover box in which is a square relay sort of thing. The part number is YWB 10022-F.

I cant find any reference to it in the assembly guide. The aforementioned object is approx 3" sqauare with (Ithink) 4 or 5 pins which something obviously plugs into. Could it be the immobiliser?

All suggestions welcome!

i got a spare relay with mine. It was located in the lower part of the fuse wiring and since not actually located it dropped out on the first road-test. After an hour of trying to work out what electrical bits weren't working i rang caterham who said it was 'spare'.

There should be three relays, one big and two small (i think) plugged in and a spare slot at the very bottom.

oops, re-reading your post i think your part is considerably larger than the spare relay i had, sorry for the misinformation.

Edited by - miff on 20 Aug 2002 11:44:43

Could it be the Multi-Function Unit (MFU) that fits above the ECU. I think that it's a bit bigger than 3" square but it certainly comes in a black box and has a multipin connector (a bit like the connectors to the ECU but not so many pins). The ECU was pre-fitted to my car but the MFU wasn't and was supplied separately. Can't remember the part number but I could always send a picture of it if it would help identification.

Miff - maybe your "spare" was the one that was missing from my car? JFI (just for information) there should be four relays - three identical ones in the the top three slots (horn, lights and something else), and a fourth larger one (flasher unit) below with the last slot unused.

Keep flying low

Mole @ the animal with attitude (well almost!)

Edited by - mole on 20 Aug 2002 12:24:45

Hello colin the part you have is a engine managment relay from a mini or a metro 95-96

it may be spare best to ask caterham if not you will have a non starting caterham

I HAVE A DIRECT LINK WITH THE ROVER PART COMPUTER

fred *eek*

Edited by - fred on 20 Aug 2002 13:57:14

Thanks for your reply guys. The MFU is a very likely possibility, but as I ordered mine as a kit and I havent speced the engine yet I thought the type of MFU would depend on the type of unit you finally chose. All I told Caterham when I ordered it was that it would have a 1.8K series fitted, but I haven't decided on SS or V VC yet, but thats another story!