Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Virgin Hot Air Balloon Flights - proceeds to Sue Ryder Care (bid deadline is Friday)

Griff

We've had two tickets donated for a weekday anytime balloon flight with Virgin, choice of launch sites at Kemble (near Cirencester) or Cheltenham. These tickets are valid until September, probably extendable as they've done this once already.

The tickets are worth £119 each on the Virgin website and include:

*tongue* Traditional champagne toast

*wavey* About one hour flight time

*confused* Personalised certificate signed by Sir Richard Branson, no less!!

*wink* Retrieval service back to the launch site

If anyone wants this great day out, we're looking for best offers for the pair of tickets before Friday 16th April (by blatmail please). 100% of the proceeds go to Leckhampton Hospice run by Sue Ryder Care. This is all part of Lucy's London to Paris 300 mile bike ride fundraiser in June.

Thanks for your interest *thumbup*

Lucy & Mike

Edited by - Griff on 15 Apr 2010 08:01:56

Flying with a hot air balloon is a very very special feeling - one of the MUSTs in life!

I have to say that I have never landed with one though - I "fell off" at 5,000ft *cool* 😳 - still that 8 mins of flying time will remain in my memory forever - with a biiiig 😬

We would like to say thanks to all those who've blatmailed an offer for these tickets. Your support is really appreciated!!

For those that have shown interest but haven't yet bid, the deadline is tomorrow when Lucy opens all bids and announces the winner. This is a fantastic opportunity for a unique experience over a lovely part of England - I don't think volcanic ash from Iceland has much effect on balloons!!

Cheers,

Lucy & Mike