Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

O/T - remember my engineering survey? Do you like my design and how much is it worth?

charlie_pank

Edited to include new survey:

-------------------New section--------------------

Hello all, thanks very much for filling in my survey. I have now CAD designed a product and would like some feedback on it and the RRP.

This survey has 2 questions, so it'll take you less than 5 mins.

Take the survey

-------------------New section END--------------------

For this module of my engineering degree, I have to invent something. It's all about the process of product development, so I need to do some research to find out what potential users of my invention might expect or not expect it to do. At a basic level, this can be done in a survey here. It shouldn't take more than about 10 minutes at the absolute maximum.

There is no free gift, just the warm feeling of helping a fellow spanner-weilder get a tiny bit closer to not having to work in IT any more.

Thanks

C

back here because I want to be.

Edited by - charlie_pank on 13 Aug 2010 12:44:31

At this stage (product development) it's all about trying to get a list of 'statements of need'. I've loved all the other modules of my degree. This is the marketing bit and it's awful. I couldn't figure out why I was finding it so hard to understand what was required of me until I realized that it is written by marketing people rather than straight engineers! I'm sure it's good for me to do this stuff, but it doesn't mean I like it.

You've all been very helpful, thanks very much. I'm very lucky to have access to just the right niche of people who would be my ideal target market. Tbird, if it ever went into production, I would be delighted to supply you with a free sample.

Charlie

back here because I want to be.

• 3 months later...

A description up front of what it does would have been helpful. Even though I am an engineer it wasn't obvious what the tool does from the pictures.

Would a toothed belt really allow you to undo or tighten say to 50lbft? Its difficult to visualise. Wouldn't a chain be better?

Gavin

1988 1700 Supersprint (LA, long cockpit)