Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I apologise for my Llama

I'm sorry Llentil seems to be getting a bit stroppy now that she has matured into a young lady.

So to anyone who has a thread invaded by that llama, please just be rude back to her and maybe she might learn some manners *eek* *rolleyes*

Your long suffering owner,

Dicks

(ps NO you can't have any of those fancy lights in the Delbert suit - not after you munched your way through the sofa I put in there after your request for a comfy chair *nono*)

An interesting subject Llama pigment did you know that the amount of melanin pigments was investigated in 80 Argentinean llama, representative of seven phenotypes and four different fleece colours, by means of spectrophotometric assays: SpEM (spectrophotometric eumelanin), SpPM (spectrophotometric pheomelanin), SpASM (spectrophotometric alkali soluble melanin), and SpTM (spectrophotometric total melanin). It was found that, although to a different extent, the quantitative variation of these pigments was affected both by phenotypes and fleece colours and, hence, it was possible to identify and to distinguish homogeneous groups on the basis of these two factors. In particular, SpEM revealed the most reliable parameter for a discrimination among these groups. Low concentrations of this pigment characterize red, wild, and red black phenotypes and distinguish them from black and tan and non-agouti black ones, both showing high concentrations; low concentrations also distinguish reddish brown fleece colour from very dark red and black ones.