Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K&N Jupiter wheels - Qty 5 x 14"

Roy Blyth

These are the original wheels from my 1980 Seven and are in good condition, having been stored in my garage and not used for the last twenty years (I don't think the spare has ever been used?). They are fitted with 4 x Yoko's and an original Goodyear G800, none of which are of any use, but you'll have to remove them yourself!

I'm fairly certain they are Ford centres, but I'm not sure how to check that?

£150

[http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y343/rjrcb/Seven/DSC_0031.jpg]

Edited by - Roy Blyth on 8 Apr 2010 16:06:21

Roy,

Due to my knowledge of early Caterham Sevens, I can tell you that:

- these are 6x13 Jupiter alloys, offered in those days as an option with 185/70 Goodyear tyres

- if the build year you mention is correct, these could be used on one of the last Sevens equipped with the Ford RS 2000 rear axle (Caterham switched to the Ital axle in 1980- 1981)

- they must be used with sleeve nuts, not 60° modern nuts

- the all alloy version (so not with painted black inners) is quite rare

- the badge on the centre caps is to my knowledge not original, Caterham didn' t use badges then but you never know!

Also being a serial collector, I am interested in buying them. Could you measure the dimensions very precisely to establish if they really have Ford centres. You can also have a look at the inscriptions. I can mail you an exact drawing of the holes and the position so you can compare.

Jack Flash

j.jackflash@hotmail.com