Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

MBE Programming port

Petrolhead

Try 1111 as the access PIN. This won't work with CC sourced OE ECUs but usually gives you access to MBE units where the PIN has been set. As RJ says, you can reprogramme a 967 without the PIN but you have to entirely erase the existing map and have another one or copy to replace it with. Don't try this at home unless you know what you're doing 😳

With the engine at idle, the TPS voltage should be around 370mV although this can differ depending on who set up the ECU and the TPS Index curve. Whatever the voltage is, the TPS site number should be zero at idle and the voltage and the site number should remain stable and constant until you touch the throttle. If the voltage is noisy and the site number is varying to any degree then you may have a faulty or loose throttle pot which could explain your misfire and rich running symptoms. My first TPS lasted about 10 years and 30,000 miles so, at 75k, yours could be on its way out.

Paul

hard to be sure from the video as I can't make out the throttle pot voltage but the site value/dial looks to be jumping around rather a lot, suggesting a dodgy throttle pot. I assume that the early part was at idle and you then moved the throttle a bit to increase the revs. Did you note the tps voltage and by how much it was varying? If you can get hold of another pot to try it might be worth it. You will need to adjust it correctly so note the tps voltage with the engine not running but ignition on so you can adjust the new pot to the same static voltage. I'm assuming that your throttle pot is secured with two screws and can be rotated when these are loosened.

Paul

hmm. There must be a way of adjusting the TPS voltage at idle but I'm not familiar with the roller bodies so someone else will have to let us in on how its done. The standard throttle body TPS pot has elongated holes (slots) so that the body can be rotated through about 30deg for adjustment. Sounds as though the roller bodies may have a different arrangement.

here

Edited to say that maybe the pot body holes are elongated but the clamping plate on top isn't, and doesn't need to be as the pot rotates beneath it.

Edited by - Paul Deslandes on 14 Apr 2010 21:08:28