Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trackdays next year

mav

Interesting list Mav, but

1. Bedford for a trackday is a five figure sum, starting with a 2 *eek* We managed to negotiate a "reasonable" figure for an evening session Hugh and I organised as an intro for "newbies and girlies to trackdays" last year, with profits going to NTL. ISTR we sent around £100 ☹️ - far less than we had hoped. I'm sure one of the Team will be along to concur on prices. Great shame as it has the most amazing ability to alter track configuration at will.

2. I think the noiser cars wouldn't get anywhere near the gates of Thruxton

See you at Curborough 😬

Susie

Susie,

Bedford would be great, but sounds too expensive. As for the list, this was just a few suggestions, not taking any noise etc into account, except to say the BTCC race at Thruxton, as do several other single make series / formula, and they are surely louder than our quiet little cars *wink*

As you say, See you at Curborough

Regards,

Martin

Edited by - mav on 17 Aug 2002 09:46:45

WE could do a part share with another trackday organiser for a share of Bedford (I have a scheme in mind for Trackday novices), otherwise too expensive as stated, for a featureless, if flexible circuit.

Thruxton , Castle C or Goodwood and even Brands GP - like most circuits has a limited allowance for unsilenced or noisy days. We need 105db static at 0.5meters at 45 degrees to avoid disappointment for a number of marginal cars (all except small K series - but especially Vauxhall, Zetec and SLRs and R500s . . . . .)

What about Spa???

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Spa not so expensive as Brands so thats not a problem as such, but of course factor in the ferry and accom and it is more than folks normally pay for a UK track day . *confused*

However what about having the International combined with a Spa weekend, one trackday and one "parade" and "demo" day?? 😬

Alternatively Spa on the back of Le Sept . . . .getting the dates to knit together is hells own job. . still we can aspire . . *biggrin*

Zolder is a great circuit too, but noise is a problem except on test days (thursday afternoons!) so it would exclude most folks because of DBs or Race Licence ☹️

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . . *cool*

Edited by - paul.davis on 21 Aug 2002 21:55:31

Spa on Le Sept...as if I needed any more excuse to go!

I'd definitely vote for that.

As one who's a bit slow, would the Club be up for different selection criteria...

i.e. first come first served is very fair in many ways, but also a bit of a bugger at times (people on holiday, work access to email/cheque books etc). Especially when spaces are so limited for some of the tracks.

Perhaps it could be sorted such that the reserve list is initially occupied by everyone. Those that have yet to do a club track day (and you could tier this also on either just in the current year, or over a period of time etc) are then prioritised by the time their entry was received and the rest of the day is filled by those always managing to get off the oche quickly, again in order of when the entry was received?

Might possibly help more novices come along too, and you'd be able to set the cut off date in the same way as your provisional reserve list tells you how many people want to go.

A slight modification of this might to allow a block of spaces (a third or half, say) for "regulars" anyway so that the days aren't completly full of first timers (as one of the great things about Club days is the experience you can tap into)...

It is always nice to encourage novices to events but the more complicated the selection criteria the more room it leaves for complaints and criticism.

To be fair to the event organiser.... KISS *smile*

First come first served

Edited by - ecr on 23 Aug 2002 16:41:34

Edited by - ecr on 23 Aug 2002 16:44:16

Pembrey is Great *thumbup* Note my location

Honestly it is tight and fast with smoe really technical corners. Most have good run off also.

I know its a bit far for all of you foreigners but hey.

Lets try it out.

MY 51VEN - SLR

Give it some WELLY!

What - no Lyden.

As a southner Lyden, Goodwood(noisy day) Brands and Thruxton please.....

Spa might be an idea.

What about a mini "Le Sept" say 2 days 1 at Criox, and another elsewhere. The reason I ask is that I cannot afford Le Sept, either financially, or time off work.

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

What about a Novice day only with more coaching available? (Offset by an experienced drivers day only) . . .????

I note Andy's "nooze you lose" comments - we do hold "pre publication" internet applications until we have had some Low Flying apps in too, and draw from hat if we have to - that shoudl give the oodd business trip or holiday excuse a chance to compete! IT is nice to have had such a good response this year - this is a new problem!

Re Lydden and LLandow - lets see how they go down with folks over the next month and I can then have another try for next year . . .I really would like to extract Brands GP from Octagon next year though!!. . . .

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Edited by - paul.davis on 27 Aug 2002 14:53:40

Is Rockingham expensive?!

Had a pretty good day there with Gold track last monday, the infield is a bit flat but more than twiddly/technical enough to be getting on with, also really really liked turn 4 on the banked section gaining 25-30 on the way thru *smile*

BaT had some seemingly good value Rockingham stuff on this year so maybe not too bad.

Paul - I suspect it'll be a problem that gets "worse" over the next couple of years. And I have to do Cadwell next year or else. And Le Sept. And Brands GP. And Donnington. And...

Yes Rockingham is costly and apart from the name, not a great 7 circuit . . . *confused*

I note the Pembrey volunteers - both of them. Maybe you could do an exploratory , costs, max number of cars, noise limits and let me know by email???? on paul.davis@lotus7club.co.uk *thumbup*

Paul

Zeeeeeeetec . . . . . .

Edited by - paul.davis on 29 Aug 2002 23:07:51

A bit late jumping in here, but regarding noise at Thruxton they have a limited number of days a year when they're allowed to be noisy. To 'buy' one of those I suspect you'd have to be very rich indeed. The rest of the time they're very strict on noise.

Even a 'noisy' day at Goodwood would cause problems for a lot of 7s, sadly.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Bloke down the pub last night suggested the 3 sisters circuit at Wigan as a goodun for 7's, he's raced bikes and sidecars and the like and is chief scrutineer for classic bike racing so he's been around a bit.

Apparently it's cheap as chips too and owned by the local council.

Any thoughts on the subject? Has anyone been there?

Ref 3 Sisters

Competed there twice, its small, very tight but has some tricky bends that catch you out. Its also at the back of an industrial estate with no where to camp or anything. The whole area has seen better days (only my view of course)

I am sure it would be cheap

Graham

*confused* The not so New Competition Secretary, in fact already jaded *confused*

*cool* 1700 Live Axle X/Flow, new pb at Curb, Loton Park and Shelsley Walsh in 2002 *cool*