Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tall FIA Dimensions

spinmaster

I am looking at buying a wheel rack to fit onto my roll bar. Over the winter I will be changing to a tall FIA bar.

Does anyone know if the tall bar is at the same angle from the back of the car to the top of the bar as the standard? In effect the bar would over hang the driver more than the standard one.

Thanks

I have a tall bar now and used to have a normal FIA bar. I reckon that the horizontal bit is in the same place fore/aft but is a few inches higher. so the back stays are more vertical.

havn't owned a std non-FIA bar if that's what you were asking about - but the bar on that is further back, do the back stays are the same angle (but shorter) as the tall FIA bar. hence you use the same boot cover for both.

does that help / make any sense?

HOOPY CYCLE WINGS *thumbup* CUCUMBER *thumbdown*

Hi Hoopy

I have a FIA bar at the moment. I was looking at one of the wheel racks that fit on the back. Apparently the angle of the bar is 40 degrees from the back of the car. It would need to be similar for it to fit a tall FIA bar.

Sounds as though it is steeper from what you are saying.

Thanks for your help

I'm sure if you had a word with Peter Carr he'd be able to sort you something out.

The down tubes are hinged so if my mental picturing is right you'd just need slightly different shaped down tube blocks...drawing it bigger on the carpet has led me to think you may need longer down tubes too...

Drop him a mail.