Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Metal Tonneau

Anthony

I may be dreaming this in which case apologies, but seem to recall a blue or silver 7 with a very neat metal half tonneau.

Has anyone done this ? I was looking to frabricate from Ali and use existing poppers to hold on at front/sides and top 6 point harness pick ups at back.

If anyone has undertaken this and does not mind sharing their learning curve I would be most grateful.

If not I will let all know my experiences and how may of the tonneaus turn into wings and fly off !

Best regards

Hmm not sure it's quite what you're looking for but the Caterham entered in the Nurburgring 24hr race a few weeks ago had a metal panel fitted over the passenger seat, I think it was removeable although I have no idea how it was fitted. Maybe worth trying to contact the people involved with preparing that car to see if they have any suggetions.

Cheers

Rob G

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Anthony, Making the panel can't be to difficult, generally the 3th panel you make will be fine.

About the fixing, it all depends on how fast the panel must be remouved but i replace the "woodscews" for the dot fasteners with rivnuts this way you can always put back the dot fastener wit an M5 screw and you can fix the ali. panel on the rivnut with nice button head ali screws this way your ali. panel never gets airborne.