Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Side repeater in headlamp bowl

I am half way through doing exactly this on a pair of chrome 5 3/4" lamps.

Side repeaters are Fiat Coup from a breaker on EBay for £8 including postage + a set of after market clear lenses and orange bulbs similar to those above.

It’s all E marked etc and fits in the lamp nicely... only about 35mm deep

Just need to complete the re-wiring

Gary

I followed Kevin's lead and fitted Transit Connect repeaters using his very useful photos on the link [thanks Kevin *wink*] *thumbup*

I think it is the best looking option that I've seen *thumbup*

They got me through SVA too, without any problem *thumbup*

Edited to add; if you buy the Transit ones from a Ford dealer, remember to ask for the lenses, sockets and bulbs because they have separate part numbers *idea*

Edited by - Atinod on 8 Mar 2010 12:56:55

Does anybody know if those Transit Connect ones use the JPT connectors (Junior Power Timer)? They look like it, but I wouldn't mind knowing for sure. It's the same as the Mondeo OEM triangular ones as far as I can see (not the bare bulb versions that CC put in the CSR cycle wings).

Martyn

R300GRR SV trapped in Dartford until IVA on 12th March!!!

Hi Lads I have gone the other way I have put some ovel repeaters from a Motor bike in the side panel at the far end of the engine bay a little bit like dare I say it a Westfield, 😳 😬 sorry no pictures but I think it looks nice and my wing repeaters were Knackered any way, ☹️ I just filled the holes where they were fitted and painted them Regards Paul

North Wales Sports Cars caring for Caterhams in North Wales.

Dodge Viper blue Zetec Caterham

I used a stepped cone cutter. Very easy. Marking the centre line was the most difficult part of the job.

Does anyone know if the lights need to be ce marked for the IVA test. Pretty sure mine aren't

Thanks

Andrew

SVC told me theirs were not e-marked. I bought the Fiat Coupe ones from Germany which apparently are. They said regulators were very hot in e-marking of lights like headlights, brake lights and fog light. Not necessarily so hot on side repeaters (but you should check the official literature).

edit ...... shop stepped cone cutter only went up to 14mm. Bought a Taper Drill, which goes up to 20mm ....... fingers crossed !

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 9 Mar 2010 15:18:17

I have checked with the IVA tst and they don't need to be ce marked and they can be clear with amber bulbs. He said the only reason they might not pass is if they are not bright enough.

Can anyone who has them fitted comment on how bright they appear.

Thanks

Andrew

I had the Fiat ones in the headlamp bowls on my 7 and it went through the SVA with them, but not sure if IVA would be different. They were reasonably bright when lit and I particularly liked the fact the lens itself was clear and so on a black headlamp bowl they were very unobtrusive.