Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Front Wings

Mr Locust

If you want something practical, buy an anorak.

A Caterham is a toy, practicality and my car are not bosom buddies at all and I wouldn't have it any other way.

You'll be after a windscreen next, then a heater, then a spare wheel ffs - you'll end up like Chris Clark and I think we all know what that means. Do you really want to spend your later years breathing in the fumes from a stationary engine whilst attempting to knit ??

You have been warned..........

Save the clamshell....... I prefer them. Much more character, like the brooklands aeroscreens. I love the wolf in sheeps clothing aspect of a Seven. If I had a road use only Seven, I'd have Clams, apart from the inability to fit a widetrack front under them. I heard a rumur that they'd been deleted as an option. I hope not.

Caterham will tell you if you spec them that they do effect the re-sale value of the car. It has been known for cars with clamshells to disappear off their showroom (not that I look at it a lot *smile* ) only to reappear with cycle wings a couple of weeks later. This conversion is not cheap I am led to believe so they must do it for a good reason?

It seems that they are attempting to kill them off as they do not appear on the new price list. Personally I hate the look of them they are bulky and heavy and would make a real mess of the side panel if you knocked them. IMHO the underside of the clamshells looks crap as well as it is unfinished GRP.

DON'T DO IT JOIN THE CWS

I'm with Mister Locust. I love my flares man!

I drive my car all year around on some pretty ****ty roads. I don't have spare vehicles to drive if the weather is crap. I like the look of the clam shells and like the idea that my car doesn't fill up with gravel / water /**** when I'm out and about.

Don't have the option of driving the misses' car if it raining /sleeting / snowing. She's using it. That's why it's known as the misses' car.

My Caterham is not a toy. Mine is my "practical" every day car.

I have a screen. I have a heater. I have a hood which I use. I have clamshells (with narrow track, God forbid!). That must make me weird in some people's eyes but you are all in danger of turning into clones. In an effort to be different you are all becoming the same. Vive la differance!

Have I put the cat amongst the pidgeons now? Hope so. :-)

AMMO

I run my se7en with cycle wings everyday (it's my only car) and I have not had any trouble with them at all. They are the full length ones though - so that might make a big difference when you go through puddles.

So long as you keep moving in the rain you will be fine with the hood off. Make sure you have a shammy to hand to wipe the inside of the screen from time to time.

Nothing impractical about cycle wings! Clamshells make your car look like Nelly the Elephant!

Cheers

Alex B

S713 UMY

1.8k Viper Blue

!BAN THE CUCUMBER!

"a man of taste" ??!!??

You've obviously not met him. Or shared a house with him. Or a tent! Or a Caterham. Or Uni lectures. Or a leaky Mini (his!) on scatters.

But he may be coming round if he's perusing the Caterham catalogue!

Bri

(love you really!)