Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oops

It is always a little depressing when you have the list of internal damage read out to you. Oh well thats what mechanics are for - mending lifes little breakages *rolleyes*

Now which bit of the car can I break next - its not my fault that the shift light lit up in 6th now is it *confused*.

It would also appear that when I tell my friends the 7 is cheap on brakes on track days because it is so light also seems to be not quite factually true 😔

Dicks

(still get it back Monday *thumbup*, will be looking for track time now *smokin*)

Oh just the normal stuff really, boiled brake fluid, pads shot, transmission tunnel back cover falling off as it has lost 3 out of 4 bolts that hold it in, oil "in need" of changing even though it had done less than 2000 miles.

Seems to me the car might need spannering every 1000 miles *confused* *rolleyes*

Dicks

as it has lost 3 out of 4 bolts that hold it in,

They're self-tapping screws - I think I only usually bother with two. The pedal-box cover doesn't really need any as the brake-lines keep it snug. Makes it easy to fix broken throttle-cables and the like.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Myles *wavey*

Not the self tappers on the cover around the gear lever, but the panel right at the back of the tunnel that flares up to meet the back baulkhead, it should be securely bolted to the chassis and would appear to be "integral" to the rigidness of the car - mine was creaking and groaning like Shandy used to do *wink*

Dicks