Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

POBC: Mini "TLC" on used mini?

Gridgway

Now I'm pretty sure that when I bought a used mini from the local mini dealer, the salesman said it had the TLC servicing thing for the remainder of 5 years. Now when it comes to servicing (inspection) it seems it hasn't. Does anyone know whether approved used minis all have the TLC? Or any of them as there is no mention on the webby now.

And another thing. Apparently the rear brakes and disks need replacing. When told to bog off as it has only done 1k miles since we got it, apparently they don't need replacing until the light comes on!

Not a great start to the famed mini experience. Would've bought a porsche if I'd realised I had to check brake pad wear myself before the service *cool*

Graham

And possibly in the wrong forum!

Edited by - gridgway on 4 Mar 2010 23:07:33

I believe the TLC package is bought when the car is new, not as a dealer option when buying second hand.

When I bought my One I paid £150 for the TLC for the first 3 services.

Once you have gone through these the the next TLC package can be bought for £200 but it only covers 2 services, after that they will not give you a TLC package (my Mini is reading 90,000 in 3.5 years)

What you can do when paying for a service is then take out a TLC package (which is normally cheaper than a single normal service anyway)

If the car did not have a TLC when purchased new the dealer WOULD have known this on the history of the car from the key, so if what you have said is true then they have mis sold the car and you should tell them this and claim against them.

If it did NOT have a TLC package, when paying for the service then they should have offered you TLC to cover that service and the next 1 or 2 depending on the mileage of the car. If they did not do this speak to the service manager, ask for the TLC and payments ammended accordingly.

Richard