Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Drive shaft Gaiter replacement

luddites7

Dont know if any one has tried this, on drive shaft the hub end gaiter has split in it.

Taken drive shaft out and looks like the end knuckle is actually pressed on not retained by circlips, seems to be a very short sighted design that to change a £5 gaiter you have to go to the hassle of getting the end knuckle pressed on and off.

I dont want to go the temporary fix method of using cone and baggy gaiter replacement.

Just wanted to make sure wasnt missing something, before go to local machine shop and get them to see if they can remove the end knucle.

Also is the gaiter standard ford part i bought the complete kit from redline, but while its apart was just going to replace the diff end too, just want the gaiter thought not the whole kit.

Thanks

I took mine to Redline last week *thumbup* Came back not just with new gaiters, but the shaft itself had been cleaned up and painted/hammerited and, generally speaking, the whole thing looks like new.

First time I'd used Redline, but it won't be the last....massive recommendation *thumbup*

stephen

thanks for the response wish redline had mentioned what a pain it would be when I ordered the spares from them as would have gladly sent it to them

will remember that for next time, luckily my local machine shop wre able to sort it out so big *thumbup* for the little guys in the sheds