Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harness Clarrification.

CaterBram

I'd be grateful for some advice.

I have an FIA 4 Point Harness which is is good condition but is showing as expired.

Is this still OK for sprinting, or does it need to be in date.

Also I know the regs say that I need a useable passenger seat. Not a problem but does this mean that this also should have an FIA 4 Point Harness which is in date or is the standard caterham 4 point belt exceptable as this seat won't be used due to the petty srut being fitted.

Q469 WET, 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.

We are doing Yorkshire 3 Peaks in aid of Rotherham Hospice

Chris,

An out of date harness will be fine so long as it is in good condition. Mine expired for racing in 2005 but always gets through scrutineering as they are still in perfect condition. The belts are one of the few things that they always check without exception.

As for the passenger side, I'm sure any harness will be fine. The scrutineer won't even look at it.

AFAIK you can still sprint with inertia reel belts if you really want to.

Only thing I've ever had commented on with my out of date 4 points was the length of the bolts holding the shoulder straps, I had short ones to start and it was recomended that I changed to long bolts by the first scrutineer who checked in the boot for them.