Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Fibre Knee trim panels

Paul Bowden

I have been offered £40 , would like £50...still well under half price, but if I don't get it, £40 it will have to be.I won't pick any E-mails up until Monday....they go to work address. As to why I am selling them , well don't tell any one but Caterham supplied two sets, one with the kit and another when the car went for post build check...I had not fitted the first set due to time constraints.

I'd be interested in them, as my Mk1 carbon dash on my 97 SL doesn't have the extension pieces like later dashes and I've been making do with some std knee trim panels which are okay, but I'm interested in the carbon replacements to match. email ms81@cant.ac.uk Monday subject to availability of course, I'd give you the asking price.

regards

Matthew

Matthew,

I still have the Carbon Fibre Knee trim panels , they are yours for £50. Where are you? I can send them by post, but if meeting was possible, that would be preferable. I will be at CURBOROUGH if thats any good or I don't mind a Blat if you are resonably close

Could betalking out of my 🙆🏻, but I was confused when reading the replies etc...

I don't think these are the bits that were missing on the MkI carbon dash, ie that cover the triangular-esque lower dash extensions at either side of the cockpit (that go down to meet the sills).

I believe these go behind the dash, covering the void behind the side of the scuttle (e.g. where your master switch would protrude and the windscreen bolts pass through etc). Saw some properly last night and so now think I know what they are.

If I'm the only that was confused I'll get my coat...

PS For taller drivers they're a pain, as they sit exactly where your knees usually reside and are highly inflexible.

PPS Not meaning to scupper a sale Paul...

still hoping to have secured these. I've not had an acurate description of them yet but am calling Paul tonite to finalise. I'm not sure either - the std knee trims I have; yes they cover the inner bits behind the stanctions, but also the bottom triangles on the dash. In either case I'll get a description and take them as we have two cars in the Stears household with carbon dashes: mine without the rear triangular bits and brother Gareth's with full/latest carbon dash. I'm sure they will fit/suit one of our cars.

Ms81@cant.ac.uk

Matthew