Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Servicing query

Dan Salter

I aplologise if this has already been covered,

My seven will be due for a service soon and I would like to know if people go out of the way to collect a seven stamp on their log book. All the cars previous checks have been done at Dartford and it has collected a few stamps on the way.

It is not so easy for me to get to dartford at the moment, and the site in Caterham which is near me will not undertake the work.

Is the lack of Caterham stamps likely to effect the value of the car and can anyone recommend any local alternatives?

Non-Caterham history can have an effect on value I believe. I think that Redline Components are official agents and come with the recommendation of half of blatchat. They are based in Caterham about 200 yards from the Caterham showroom. Sure somebody can provide the number soon. Try searching the archives for them they have been recommended before. They are ex-factory guys so know their stuff!

I think most people expect seven owners to do their own servicing so I'd be surprised if a lack of service history was a problem. If I were buying, I'd be looking for receipts, whether for servicing or just for parts. Also, you can't expect every seven owner to take their car to Kent for a service.

Anthony

I agree with Anthony, by it's very nature it is a car which a lot of owners will service themselves, having built it themselves anyway. I don't think that would necessarily devalue the car provided, of course, any work on the car is done properly.

I have had my car for 5 years now and it has never been anywhere near Caterhams or their agents workshop. It has never let me down either.

Brent 😬