Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I'll shortly be selling some carbon (part 5) ..... it's a pair of rear wings!

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Wow, some good guesses and some ideas about components I'd really like to have and be in a position to sell!

I have a list of people who've posted here and who've PM'd me, and as soon as I have the bit(s) off and clean it'll/they'll be ready for sale with price etc. 😬

In the meantime, just to wet a few appetites a close up of the beautiful weave pattern *thumbup*

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Ok, one removed, working on the other tonight! Wow, I'd forgotten how sexy they look underrneath, these really are the dog's danglies 😬

I should have some photos up tomorrow of the complete items, inside and out *thumbup*

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 26 Feb 2010 14:29:42

• Leadership Team

Okay, finally the full details ...

I'm selling a pair of near immaculate condition "Dog in The Park" carbon fibre rear wings. These are pre-preg carbon fibre with an added Kevlar layer (underside) to massively increase the strength and prevent stone damage from below. The quality of the carbon is quite honestly second to none and you'll go a long way to find a CF wing that is as smooth and shiny - certainly I've never seen anything that is in the same league and the current offerings in 2x2 twill are comparatively quite poor!

Pictures:

LH rear wing

RH rear wing

I've included a picture of the leading edge of the RH wing to show just how little damage these have sustained during use - on a K-Series car the RH leading edge is not protected by the exhaust. The LH wing is also full depth without the rediculous rebate for a rear entry exhaust, which obviously is preferable on a Duratec engined car!

Also I've posted the thread as I did, because I know there are a number of people who are searching for high quality 2x2 twill weave bits, and some specifically after the DiTP version wings - I thought it unfair to post an advert for these to be bought by an opportunist who just happed to be in the right place at the right time. And no, I'm not selling a dashboard, light blocks, knee protectors, airbox, etc 😬

The price is £425 for the pair including postage/insurance to mainland UK.

The people who been in touch (in order, therefore only fair to be in order of "dibs" also) are:

Nigel M.

Simon P.

Geoff W.

Fylde F.

Duncan M.

Guys let me know if you're interested?

Stu.

Joint Area Representative MAD Sevens (Merseyside And District)

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

Edited by - sforshaw on 27 Feb 2010 18:58:51