Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dave Walker or the two Steves? MINI REMAP RESULTS NOW IN !

BYKer Will

My slr has been mapped previously by both emerald and road and track but needs doing again I suspect in its new 1.9 spec although it runs fine to be honest.

The above are similar distance from me so who would you choose for a remap ?

Obviously my criteria are max power and cheapest costs!

W

Edited by - BYKer Will on 5 Mar 2010 21:51:14

• Area Representative

Saw the two Steve's in the week and they map Emeralds with no problem *thumbup* In fact, speaking to them they will map anything if they can gain access to it and I think Steve G said that now covers about 25 different systems...

Albeit never having used Dave Walker, I have been very happy to trog 200+ miles down to Track & Road (past several other established RR's) to use their services as you know they have a very high reputation and their service is excellent and its a one off visit that achieves the end result. This is not to say that the same can't be achieved by DW by any means though.

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

I am running an Emerald and have used both.

+1 for Dave Walker.

edit: although there has been some debate over the differences in the two RR's back to back I was within 2HP from one to the other.

HTH *thumbup*

Edited by - regroo on 20 Feb 2010 15:21:49

I rememeber seeing a huge 'debate' about how much they differed and in fact they seem pretty close. Another thing to add is if you take it to one or the other dont be surprsed if small gains are found here and there. It is always going to be easier for someone to tweak here and there with the benefit of having a good basis to start with rather than starting from scratch with something that isn't running that well.

Looking back through my receipts my slr when standard but with an emerald was mapped by track and road in 2005 and gave 207.4 bhp at 8042 rpm (140 mph) plus 154.9 lbft at 5898 On the graph it looks like 163 at the wheels.

Previously in 2004 it was mapped at emerald and made 204.3 hp at 8032 rpm (130 mph) plus 155 lbft at 5695 which seems remarkably close but the hp at the wheels is only 151 and I wonder why the speed reading is different?

Not sure what this means. Just hope the 1.9 produces even more 😬

I will probably go with whoever can fit me in on a suitable day.

Thanks for your feedback chaps.

Will

Another +1 for Dave Walker, my Duratec had been mapped there twice with different exhausts and the results were great both times.

The only thing I would say is if you have a powerful/torquey car you may need to raise the rear of the car slightly to avoid rubbing on the rollers when 3 people are sitting on the car to stop the wheels spinning 😳

At the end of the day I suspect both places to a good job and each has their own unique characteristics.

Cheers

Rob G

*thumbup* for the two Steves, they did an amazing job on my R500 and I would definitely use them in the future.

Achieved 240bhp at 8,600rpm and 160lbft at 5,500, flat until 7,500rpm. If I had a digital copy of the map, or had worked out how to use my scanner, I would post the map.

Have used DW on many occasions, Lets remember he designed and built the Emerald ECU so is Possibly the best on that ECU he certainly will have mapped more of them than anyone else. Just my tuppence worth

jj

MTM , N.I. L7C AR 🙆🏻

Membership No.3927.

240BHP 1900cc K Series 40th Anniversary

I have used both Emerald (twice with my old Superlight when Dave was able to get the most hp possible after DVA attention to cams, verniers, porting and induction) and Track & Road once (when Steve mapped my current CSR260) - which totally transformed its 'drivability'.

IMHO both are extremely good and I would happily use the services of either again - it probably does come down to distance and available booking slots.

Paul

CSR Superlight 260 Mclaren Orange

Power by COSWORTH *cool* Pictures here

Looking back through my receipts my slr when standard but with an emerald was mapped by track and road in 2005 and gave 207.4 bhp at 8042 rpm (140 mph) plus 154.9 lbft at 5898 On the graph it looks like 163 at the wheels.

Previously in 2004 it was mapped at emerald and made 204.3 hp at 8032 rpm (130 mph) plus 155 lbft at 5695 which seems remarkably close but the hp at the wheels is only 151 and I wonder why the speed reading is different?

Different gear.

HP at wheels is nonsense spouted by the ill-informed or those intent on deception. The whole reason for having a sophisticated rolling road which measure coastdown losses is because power at the wheels is not fit for any purpose of comparison.

Good luck ruff seven - I assume you have a similar spec engine to mine, in which case I'm sure Dave can rattle off an initial map in an hour or so given his practice! Anyway, both are great, but for tweaking things T'n'R are more likely to fit you in for an hour or two. At midnight. 😬