Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tall FIA roll bar (for LA)

Cannonball Bob

If it's for long cockpit whats the height from the mounts to the top, I tink i've got a standard FIA roll bar at the moment but need 2-3" of extra height to get the clearance.

Also does it come complete with the petty strut or does the normal FIA roll bar petty strut still fit ?

Q469 WET, 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.

We are doing Yorkshire 3 Peaks in aid of Rotherham Hospice

It's my old tall FIA bar from my '87 early de dion long cockpit which has the same top mounts as the live axle. I gave the petty strut to someone else having never used it. I can't remember the dims off the top of my head, I have 410mm in mind but I'm not sure. Did this month's Low Flying include the tall FIA bar profile in the article on rollbars and cages?

NE Area Rep

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

*arrowup* Beat me to it!

Since buying it from Tyrone I've now changed the seats so the taller bar isn't required any longer.

I tink i've got a standard FIA roll bar at the moment but need 2-3" of extra height to get the clearance.

It'll give you that.

Get that bowser out of here! We'll go with what we've got!

How sad am I! SWMBO has been in the garage and the the drawing on the wall confirms the dims I took for CB and it is 410mm vertical height.

I should also say that 'old' refers to the fact that it is no longer mine and no reflection of the condition. Nice colour too.

NE Area Rep

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.