Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ride Height Springs and Things

Big Dan

During the cold and damp months i've been in the garage with the heater on and a case of upgraditus.

I have gone wide track and have fitted axo ali body dampers (bought s/hand). Last night the wheels went on and the car was back on the ground.

The problem I have is the front wishbones aren't parallel with the floor, the body sits lower. The ride height without me in the car is 65mm. I understand after searching tech talk that the way to increase ride height is to wind the springs up the damper body but looking at them they are adjusted all the way to the top already.

Is it a case of buying longer springs and winding the platform down? Current length with the damper uncompressed is 150mm.

Thanks

Dan

www.solentse7ens.co.uk www.harbourcars.com

I've been trying to adjust the ride height on my R400 build.

Manual says front height should be min 150mm from chassis, (where rear leg of lower wishbone exits) to floor.

I have adjusted the bilstein up full and can only get 135mm, (laden).

Does that mean I have to move the collar on the shock?

Edited by - timmydamini on 16 Feb 2010 12:37:28

• Support Team

To raise the ride height you screw the adjusters so as to compress the spring. What do you mean by "adjusted to the top of the thread"? To me it sounds like you have them adjusted to the lowest position

If are adjusting them correctly and you have run out of adjustment then you will need longer springs.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing