MOT- 1 year

Club Lotus member

Extensive mechanical work carried out

Extensive service history

All original handbooks

£2700

Contact Barry 07970 515665

Stew

I sometimes think that too Mark but the Europa has only just started to command sensible money so I think there may be a while to wait.

I've had an Elite, and an Eclat and they were always overshadowed by the Esprit series 1 and looked a bit dated.

However when you now see an Elite (or for me personally) they look fabulously retro and are usable too.

Let's face it, at well sub 3k you just can't lose........better than having the money in premium bonds or some other crap investment *thumbup*

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

The only problem with Elites and early Eclats is that thay are v. fragile.

Non-galvanised chassis. Fiddly inboard rear brakes. Gearbox not up to the job. As well as all the usual Lotus problems like electics and under developed 907 engine.

When I had my Excel SE and did a few Lotus events I got to see a fair few Elites always thought they where great cars. It is not too fiddly a job to lift the body off the chassis and drop it on a later Excel chassis which is galvanised and has the Toyota running gear and brakes. You also get a 180bhp 912HC engine then too!

Have a look at Lotus Bits for info on what to look for when buying. Mike Taylor is a god for all things Elite/Eclat/Excel and a top bloke!

For £2700 I would expect this to be a good un (no doubt that it isn't) but for sub a grand you can get something that will cost no more than a good one to make perfect.

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087 (no longer)

• 3 weeks later...