Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CC dry sump kit...assembly...help?

skydragon

I'm trying to work out where the various parts and bits in my CC dry sump (external tank) kit go and quite how it all fits together correctly.

I received the comprehensive instructions from CC with the kit, complete with exploded drawings, photos and labelled line drawings...and having read them... and now that I've stopped laughing, I wonder if anyone can help me please 😬

As a starting point, has anyone a picture/photo of how/where the dry sump (gold) pump fits in the mounting bracket and also how/where the tensioner assembly goes?

Thanks.

1.6 K Series EU3, 2003, with DVA K05 and a few other goodies...

website here

Edited by - skydragon on 13 Feb 2010 21:02:03

Edited by - skydragon on 13 Feb 2010 21:03:47

If you get stuck you can have a look at my SLR in Yeadon
Many thanks for the offer, I'll bear that in mind.

Will be at North and East Yorkshire meeting on Wednesday
I'm going to try and get there this time, but work always seems to conspire against me *smile*

The photos that Malcolm sent to me over the weekend (thanks) have answered most of my questions for now and I can now at least visualise how it all basically goes together.

There are a number of screws and o-rings missing from the CC kit and the hoses they have supplied are wrong, but replacements are now being sourced.

One point I need to confirm... There are two small alloy spacers supplied in the kit, I guess approx 3 - 4mm tall. I'm presuming that they are for spacing the oil scavenge pipe? - where the oil scavange pipe exits the sump, the pipe has a bracket attached that a couple of the sump bolts go through and there is a 3 - 4mm gap between the bracket face and the sump. I'm guessing these spacers fill that gap?

Also, the sump plug doesn't have an O-ring with it but looks like it should do. Am I right in saying that I should use an o-ring on this sump plug? If so, what size?

Chris

One point I need to confirm... There are two small alloy spacers supplied in the kit, I guess approx 3 - 4mm tall. I'm presuming that they are for spacing the oil scavenge pipe? - where the oil scavange pipe exits the sump, the pipe has a bracket attached that a couple of the sump bolts go through and there is a 3 - 4mm gap between the bracket face and the sump. I'm guessing these spacers fill that gap?

Correct

I use an aluminium washer, but I think a standard copper sump washer would do. Not sure about an o ring.

Malcolm

• Area Representative
Also, the sump plug doesn't have an O-ring with it but looks like it should do. Am I right in saying that I should use an o-ring on this sump plug? If so, what size?

Chris,

The sump plug is the same as used in the diff. and the base of the Apollo tank. some use a Dowty washer, but I just wrap the thread with a bit of PTFE tape.