Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T - Colchester Master lathe

techbod

On behalf of a friend just in case anyone here is interested I though I'd post.

Colchester Master MK1 (rounded shape) gap bed lathe.

Good condition for age but headstock bearings started to rumble.

Everything else is fine and the lathe still in use, but at some time you would want to think about replacing them.

I can supply a photocopy of the Student lathe manual (which is essentially the same) showing assembly diagrams etc if required.

£325 ono.

Lathe is in Coventry - you will need to arrange transport, have got a fork at this end for loading. Could possibly deliver locally but you will need a fork or similar at your end to unload.

Thanks

Possible first dibs please - could you confirm what if any items are supplied with the machine (i.e. 3 jaw, 4 jaw, face plate, ctr's etc)

Also from my distant memories the Master is one of the larger Colchester machines (not garage size and certainly 3phz) so could you confirm the model you are selling?

Thanks

A bit of info hereColchester Mk 1 IIRC correctly all are 3phase and they are quite large and heavy but look gorgeous 🥰 I think the one we have in our workshop is a student version. The headstock bearings are not a massive issue to change. Manuals are available from all over the web but lathe manuals are good. Great bit of kit - used to be the core of the industry at training level... *thumbup* ☹️ *wavey*

Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos