Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The Good Old Days of the Pseudo Wars.....

Unclefester

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merde, c'est pas croyable....... 😔

Just to inject a note of sanity into all this, I have a serious question for you all.

Does anyone have any experience with the electronic Mouse-Worrier? We have a slight outbreak of some sort of rodents in Chateau Fester, they can be heard at night scrabbling for adhesion and then zinging across the plasterboard of the ceilings, and occasionally having squeaky conversations, and I dread Mr Rodent finding a Miss Rodent some time soon. They may be the dreaded loir, not the river, but the lovely cutesy little edible Dormouse of Alise/mad hatter fame, which the Romans taught the French to put in little cages and feed up till they are plump enough, then scoff them.

Loir are pretty, furry little things which might remind one of a meercat, only less irritating. They don't say "Seemples" all the time, for example.

Sorry, I ramble.

To get back to the point, squeamish as I am, I was persuaded to invest in 2 industrial strength, weapons grade Mouse Worriers, made by a company called Pest-Stop, they are called Electronic Pest-Repellers, to give them their correct nomenclature.

They are supposed to work by generating two things, a so called 'ultrasonic' sound which can be tuned for various pests, mice, spiders, 'insects' and mosquitoes (I thought mozzies WERE insects but what do I know?), and can do permanent or intermittent, and (and this is the clever bit) as they plug into a mains socket, they are SUPPOSED to somehow interfere with the circuit in such a way as to cause it to emit a weird mouse-worrying EMF field!

This preys on the furry ones mind, and after a month they are supposedly so upset that they pack thier little cutesy suitcases and get on the first down train.

My question is, do these things work, or have I been throwing my hard earned shekels away again?

My other worry is this.

No-one else here can hear them operating, but I CAN!

Does this mean I may be turning into a gerbil? *eek*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*