Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Calling Oily

henry21p

Dave,

Good to talk earlier. As promised, I have forwarded our notes from various conversations and the date I'm working to. (I now have another road test and article booked in for a car publication in the next 8 weeks as well....)

Let me know if it gets through this time (or not) and we'll go from there

D

dave's a busy man, doing a skilled job that doesn't bear interruption and has an email address from somewhere in the dark ages from when bulletin boards and dial-up still existed. therefore this message, given that he hides here when he is not fettling heads, is the appropriate method.

Eee.. the keys on this telex have gone sticky and the comptometer valves have dimmed.

Now up to date on all your emails David, keeping up to date makes a punishing schedule, I just checked the number of responses I made to emails over the course of Tuesday.. thought it was a busy day.. 81 responses sent, plus of course all the BBS postings! bah!

Oily

It is always necessary to take postings of that nature seriously. The conduct of BBS members is always a serious subject if we are to keep them clean of abuse both verbal and commerical. I try to be scrupulous in my postings and avoid using the many BBSs that I belong to as commercial opportunities. I make no apology for that. Anonymity via my username is an integral part of that.

Oily

Oily,

Many thanks. Will bell you during the week *thumbup*

And, frankly, I have more faith in you working on my engine than most of the big name companies who would doubtless charge significantly more.....

(no advertisng intended 😬)

• 2 weeks later...

I was with Oily on Thursday/Friday for a K04 upgrade (new cams, DTH TBs and ECU) to upgrade my Xpower 140. I must say that I have 100% confidence in his work and it's well worth wait to have a job done to the best possible standard. As you can tell, I'm well please with the end result - a big smile on my face for the 100 mile drive back in the driving rain!

I think we are well served by DVA, Powerspeed, Emerald etc.

Thanks also to Steve Grubb (Grubbster) for sharing his experiences of the same upgrade path and getting me off the fence!

and in response to your point igor, my communication to the management team was regarding blatent adverstising and the consistency of the moderators in applying the no advertising for non lowflying advertising and paying companies - this included members of the management team themselves advertising their own caterham motorsport companies and services yet deleting threads from other members who do the same practice - rules for one and all maybe ?

dave

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia AO

the fact that the managment team choose to put my name against this query in the public domain is to be expected today I guess and will serve to elimiate any further input from the members of our club on such matters I imagine - certainly will from me but that was probably the whole idea.....

sigh.

awaits caution from mgt team for critising the club against the new rules of posting that have been drawn up.

never mind out with the local members for a great curry tonite and then a day in the garage prepping for the llandow trackday .....so much more interesting eh ....

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia AO