Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Crossflow 1981/2/3 Wanted

terryp

Caterham 7 wanted preferably needing work. It needs to be a long cockpit model if possible as I'm 6ft and no later than 1983.

Distance no problem, I'll fly or drive anywhere!

I know its a tall order but there has to be one out there!

Thanks a lot *biggrin*

Terry

Lotus Elan +2 S130/4

Hopefully Seven Soon!

Edited by - terryp on 4 Feb 2010 14:14:25

Edited by - terryp on 4 Feb 2010 14:31:53

Going for the "Voiture de collection" carte grise?

It may also be worth checking with Caterham if they can give you a CoC for any other 7 so you get a bit more choice *thumbup*

Failing that, UTAC here we come.... *cry*

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

Hello

I've checked. they can only give one on certain K series engines

I don't want to go down the UTAV route as its so expensive and so silly. I'd rather spend the money working on an older car!

I'm not going to give up hope!

Thanks for the reply

Terry

The long cockpit was introduced in 1982, so it would be interesting to know how many (or few) were produced in the 2 years you are limited to. We are also talking 27-28 years ago, so how many are still around. You may be in for quite a lengthy search, but good luck. *thumbup*

I'm just over 6ft 1inch and I only just fit in a long cockpit car with pre-Stype seats and no lowered floor. I have a shortened footwell on the passenger side and it's positively uncomfortable to be a passenger. So I'd hold out for a long cockpit.

I've just done a search in the for-sale section on here with "1982 long cockpit" and "1983 long cockpit" - the searches came up with 2 cars - one in 2002 and one in 2005. ☹️

Edited by - MusCat on 12 Feb 2010 18:15:20

Believe it or not I missed this car by 1 hour on Pistonheads last weekend. I spoke to the seller who had just sold it to a dealer. Its actually a 1990 starter kit with an earlier registration? Too expensive for me now ☹️, it wasn't last weekend!

Thanks for looking!