Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Best disposable glove?

Martin Erhard

Davesport, protologists....they can shove it up your ar*e *biggrin*

I usually use two pairs at a time, they seem to last longer than one alone. Also I think the vinyl ones last better than the latex ones if handling chemicals (white spirit etc..)

Jonathan

My Flickr

-----------------------------------

This rebuild has started :)

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow.

Not strictly speaking disposable gloves, but I use these from Kimberly Clark. They are relatively expensive (think I paid £20 for 12 pairs via some garage mates) but I find them far, far better than latex or vinyl gloves that split easily.

They are washable, resistant to a bit of heat and thin enough for fiddly jobs. I probably would have gone through several boxes of disposable gloves in the time that I've had to bin/give away half of these so far.

Highly recommended if you can find them.

A strange claim. I've found that I sweat in any "examination glove". Maybe the vinyl ones rip quicker, so you don't up sweat quick enough 😬

I use the purple nitrile gloves which are more comfy and tougher than the vinyl and more petrochemical resistant and less stinky than latex.

Martyn

R300GRR SV build in progress

• Area Representative

Up north we get our hands dirty. You'll be having manicures next *eek*

Seriously I've given up on gloves - I can't find any that last more than a couple of minutes and it doesn't help having hands like shovels.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Edited by - Paul Richards on 3 Feb 2010 19:02:43

I use the latex with aloe vera gloves from Lakeland. Some of the other latex and nitril gloves were causing/aggravating an allergy. The Lakeland ones are easy to put on and remove whilst also proving very durable. I also use them inside gardening gloves during the winter months when doing anything that is likely to make the gloves wet. They are not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.