Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiscombe Snippets

GrahamV

I had to put my 7 in storage for a couple of weeks whilst I move house and I was chatting to the guy who runs the car storage company just outside Dorchester. He is on the management committee for Wiscombe and he was telling me about a couple of changing that they’re progressing with the owners:

1) Drainage: Last year they had a couple of events where water was washing off the fields by ‘Bunnies Leap’ and running across the track. The owners have agreed to put in some more drainage to the right of the track.

2) There have been a couple of nasty shunts with cars running off to the left after Bunnies Leap and going down the hill into the undergrowth – we witnessed a Lotus Elan doing just that last year. The owners are looking at ways to provide additional safety structures in that area for 2010.

3) Length of grass in the paddock: this caused us a problem last year with several tow cars finding it difficult to get up the slope in long wet grass. The management committee have asked the owners about keeping the grass shorter in the paddock – this has been rejected by the owners.

4) Stuart – on your behalf I did ask about the gateposts. There are no plans to remove the gateposts.

Graham *wavey*

Hi Simon

Yes - it is. Autopassion is developing from Store-It link here The plan is for Autopassion to also start selling competition bits 'n bobs (like wheels).

Regarding rates - I'm paying £25 per week (plus VAT) for storage of the 7 and the trailer - but I have left the car on the trailer so its only a single footprint.

Graham

Gate posts - don't recall having an issue with gate posts last year - just the trees to the left of the gate posts. Don't expect I'll have an issue with the trees this year if they've layed some more road to the right of the landing after bunnies. About a third of a tyre width would do? 😬

OR - I could join Simon and Adrian in the chicken coup instead? *wink*