Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Driving in europe

tbird

Taking CSR to Europe later this year, instead of using dodgy beam deflectors, to avoid mis-alignment and reduced light has anyone just switched lens assy to LHD version,

any one any experience, would this work, dont think bulb position is different between RHD and LHD

await the POBC

cheers

Tim

• Area Representative

Doesn't sound like a good idea. You're going to change these and align them whilst on the ferry or at the dockside, so that you have correct headlights in UK and then France?

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Paul Hi,

Ferry I will be using is a couple of hours from home and Leaves late afternoon, returns fairly early in day so would set up day before and day after return, there would be no need to use in darkness in UK

hoping set up would be just a swap out, no adjustment needed to position of cans so should only take 5 mins havent checked this yet tho

Edited by - tbird on 28 Jan 2010 00:45:31

to me it seems a lot of messing about just stick the deflectors on they work OK you wont be driving that much in the dark and who cares if you dazzal a couple of Frence 😳I never see them put any thing on there head lights when they come over here 😳 Regards Paul

North Wales Sports Cars,

caring for Caterhams in North Wales

2005 Dodge viper blue Zetec Caterham

BtB cheers,

will be trying to avoid France, going Holland, Germany, Austria, italy, Greece, but will be carrying Hi Vis just in case, I think its req. in Italy anyway, plus first aid kit and Triangle,

Paul fair point and you are probably corect I dont plan to drive at night, but I worry if things not correct, plus it would be just my luck to pick up a fine for dodgy lights, maybe will try the deflectors for ease and cheapness

cheers

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 28 Jan 2010 11:20:21

Gaffer tape is cheaper and easier to remove than most beam deflectors (which don't 'deflect' anyway). Just don't leave it on the lenses for more than a week or so if you want it to come off easily.

Ian - Slightly Vider SVelte SuperVeloce model 😬 - Joint AR for North Kent

Paul, sadly probably wont see you there as trip April May, for same reason will be keeping a lot lower than Stelvio ☹️ 😬

Chris swivelling may be option but may not satisfy BiB or green or grey depending on country 😬 as I said I worry *rolleyes*

Ian, gaffer is a good possibility, usually have plenty around for stage work, could be fun to remove after being baked in Greece for a couple of weeks 😬 guess carry a roll and replace every few days

cheers Guys

If you're worried about it, then use deflectors. I've tried all the options, and whilst this has included black tape, it's not great, as unless you've upgraded the bulbs then Sevens don't push out that many candles to light the way.

I have a set of LHD lenses for over here on the continent, and they do work better than options above even without resetting the angles too much; but it's not really worth it for a quick trip.

Chris - Minds Alive

• Leadership Team

I have both RHD and LHD headlights - neither are bright enough that anyone would even notice if the wrong ones are fitted - hint: are you more likely to get stopped for a headlight offence in the UK or on the continent?

Stu.