Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RIF Aero

RoyH

I have a brand new one ... never fitted (undrilled) ... including nice CF mirrors 🥰 ... the fitting kit and some Easi-shine CF polish

Now that my car is sold ☹️ ... this might be for sale seperately if the buyer of the car doesn't want it ..

Will know more in a couple of days.

Asking price = new price from RIF - 10%

Let me know if you're interested *wink*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

I have one for sale.

As it is fitted to a car that has a full cage 1 small edge was cutted each side of the aero to match the design of the cage. I can do picture of course.

As a result it should go to a car that has a full cage, then it's perfect.

It is in good condition, undrilled for mirrors.

£155 including delivery to UK.

Edited by - Catastrada on 25 Jan 2010 11:58:22

Chaps,

Apologies for the delay in response; I have been busy advertising an item in the For Sale section.

Dave J, you are correct with regard to your comment on the RIF aero, ie it’s relatively tall and can limit vision. RIF made me a superb aero for my previous R300, which was the cut-down racing aero, and vision over it was fine.

However, with the sad passing of RIF I see no chance of getting another like it, so I don’t believe that I have a lot of choice here.

I’ve sat in Guy’s car with the RIF aero and the line of sight is too limited for me, but it has a lowered floor and mine hasn’t.

I have no idea how Guy manages to drive it, but suspect that his wife usually sits next to him and holds him up.

The options seem to me to:

(a) Buy the RIF aero and maybe look at raising the seat a few cms.

(b) Look at the Fluke/MOG option. Although nobody responded to my posting to admit that they have one and I know nothing about them.

I’m not especially interested in the CC alternative.

Slider, a brand new RIF aero would be ideal, and it gives me something to remember him by.

I may, however, not want the mirrors. My R500 came with a carbon aero as standard and I still have this, but it’s an old CC style aero that doesn’t wrap around and is mounted to a spare scuttle.

Also included with the car were some CF CC original R500 mirrors, which are still in bubble wrap. My intent would be to use those.

Slider, a brand new RIF aero would be ideal, and it gives me something to remember him by.

I may, however, not want the mirrors. My R500 came with a carbon aero as standard and I still have this, but it’s an old CC style aero that doesn’t wrap around and is mounted to a spare scuttle.

Also included with the car were some CF CC original R500 mirrors, which are still in bubble wrap. My intent would be to use those.

No problem Roy ...

It's just that I would like to sell the aero as a lot, including the mirrors.

Sure you'll understand *wink*

Slider, yep, no problem.

Catastrada, my car doesnt have a full cage, so unfortunately the aero wouldnt be suitable.

So, back to my original question; has anyone got a RIF aero in good nick that they want to sell me?

• Area Representative

Hi Roy, I have got a RIF aero but it's not for sale. Wrt the question about the Fluke/Mog one, it's very similar to your current CC one although Mog does a fitting kit to fix the aero to two parts that are bolted like a brooklands band

Seeing your point about RIF making a special cut down version, he did offer two heights of screen so it could be worth asking specially for this model

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...