Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Possible Club Track Day at Oulton Park - Need to gauge interest!

Jude

I'm looking at organising a possible club track day at Oulton Park on Wednesday 13th October.

Circuit hire at this time of year is a lot cheaper than the summer months.

It would be a open pit lane track day and with free instruction if you wanted it.

I would estimate the entry fee to be no more than £175

Before I can proceed any further on this, I need to gauge If there is any interest in members actually wanting a club track day at Oulton in October and if I can get enough numbers to make the day viable.

I know October is a long way off and the weather may not be on our side, but we've had some wet club days here in June and July in the past.

Please express an interest either way on this thread.

Geoff *smile*

It costs an extra 3.6k to put a day on at the circuit from May to October.

If I was to run the day in the summer months, make it OPL, with a sensible number of entrants then we would be looking at around £225 an entry.

I felt it was more affordable running the day in October.

Geoff *wink*

• Area Representative

Hi Geoff,

Isn't this right before the sprint weekend at Anglesey? Will there be a practice day run on Friday with Bookatrack like last year? I'd be interested in Oulton but not if its so close to the sprint.

Thanks

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Nick

I have already asked Geoff about this prior to his posting. He will check with Bookatrack if the Anglesey day will be going ahead this year but is is most unlikely to be a Club first day.

So if it runs it will be general like 2 years ago. Better than nothing I suppose.

So in answer it is the same week and therefore I guess it counts many of the Speed Champ people out.

But of course there are an awful lot of others who could end up having a great day. *wavey*