Click here if you are having website access problems ×

URGENTt: the loan/sale of a standard N/S/F caliper

Mankee

Was bleeding my brakes today in preparation for Brands next Wednesday. The stubborn N/S/F bleed nipple, which had already been rounded off before I got the car, ended up shearing, the bar steward. ☹️

Does any kind soul have a spare, with a loose bleed nipple, that they can lend me until I drill out and replace my broken nipple? I don't fancy taking mine off and having all my fresh brake fluid leak over the garage floor and then if the poo really hits the fan and I mess up the drilling, I'll be left with no brakes. 😔

Obviously I will pay postage, donation to NtL, grovel forever etc. etc. if someone can help out. Cheers! *cool*

• Area Representative

Mankee,

You might be in luck as one has been stuck up for sale on Pistonheads here I think it looks like a NS one.

Good luck

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Alan, many thanks for your kind offer! I have just replied to your BlatMail. For some reason, I only just received email notification of your reply to my thread and also your BM, even though you sent it several hours ago! Hopefully it's not too late to accept your offer. Even Nick Chan's topic notification email came through first! Weird!

Nick, thanks for the PH heads up. It does look like the caliper I need, but it needs new seals according to the seller. Is that normal after 500 miles of road use?! Looks like I shall be borrowing Alan's caliper for a few days while I sort mine OK if I don't go too mad with the drill. Happy days! 😬

Mankee,

If you're looking to purchase a caliper, I've both front calipers (cluttering up the garage). They're from my old 1999 Supersport, replaced when I went 4-pot, and worked well enough the last time I used them (2003). You're welcome to the NSF for an NTL donation.

JV