Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nasty Sssssstutter from my X-Flow

Clay Head

When I stop once the car is hot (say for fuel), I drive away and get a misfire when the engine is under load. It disappears after 20 mins or so if I gently continue with the fan on constantly (I have a manual swich). My guess is that the heat sink effect with the engine off causes the distributor to get hotter than normal, expand a little and something in there ain't quite right!

Does this sound plausable? I can't think of anything else that would get hotter with the engine off! ( I have already changed HT leads and plugs, and the coil is a new Lucas DLB105)

I'll bet RK will be along soon with an answer on this one. My x flow gets hot but only as hot as the fan cut off allows and at that temp circa 92 there is no problem with vaporisation. Sounds ignition related. does your dizzy have points and condenser. Have you tried going back to the old coil and what ignition pack do you have.

Not sure about the pump as I have a mechanical one that is supposed to fine upto 150ish BHP but providing the thing is pumping fuel I cant see why it should be affected by heat.