Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T LT77 5spd gearbox & bellhousing- ex Rover SD1

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

a long shot i know. On behalf of a friend who is restoring a 1972MGB which he's planning to turn into more of a Sebring spec. According to him (and he's far more technically competent than I) - he cannot use the 5 speeder from a Range Rover/Defender due to configuration for the transfer box etc. Also he knows the box was fitted to LDV vans but the bell housing is wrong....

Apparently the Rover SD1 Vitesse was the ideal configuration

so anyone know of hoards of V8 SD1s that have been left lying round ..please BM me

Rog

Roger Hi,

As luck would have it my bruv is an SD1 nut and has several, also organises Rover club and GT40 club Not that that is relevant anyway, have just had a word with him and he has several boxes that may fit bill, he is aware of all the different bearing specs and gearbox types, he is based near Stoke, so not so far away I will BM his mobile as well as my number if you want to contact me first,

please Dont ring him for 24hrs, his partner has just fallen on Ice and is in Hospital should be out tomorrow though,

Cheers

Tim

• Leadership Team

top man *wavey*

thanks - if you BM his contact number to me - I'd prefer my friend to call your bro as its for his car and he can have a better technical discussion. Understand ref his partner - hope they're better soon

My friend's name is Bryan Pope

Rog