Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch kit 5speed xflow

jonboylaw

I will need to replace my clutch and coverplate when it is time to put the engine back in (a long way off at the moment). Does anyone know the correct parts for this.

It is a 5speed type 9 box mated to a Xflow. The engine is quite highly tuned (155bhp) so would an uprated clutch be advisable?

Mostly road use, but will track it sometime.

Jonathan

Normalisdull

-----------------------------------

This build has started :)

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow.

• Area Representative

Suggest you take existing clutch to your local motor factors. They will take part numbers from it and supply correct parts. Don't forget to change release bearing as well as cover plate and driven plate.

Alternatively give Redline a ring and order from them.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Jon,

Assuming you have a standard 190mm caterham clutch, the best cover to use is AP part no CP3764-4 or CP3748-6 dependant on whether you have a straight finger or curly finger cover. It should be the later a curly finger although as long as you use the relavent CRB it doesn't matter. Plate wise it is AP CP 2257-9. I've used standard covers from my motor factors before without issue but I have had standard plates fail, basically by the cush drive springs eating there way through the clutch centre.

Not sure about the cover but last time I looked Questmead was the best for price on the plates

Cheers

Chris