Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood accomodation

FlymoFraser

Ok I know it's 4 months away but these things get booked up early. So I could do with some (polite) suggestions please

Owing to the location of Goodwood, Wifey has agreed to make a weekend of it so I'm looking for:

- something a bit more characterful than a travel tavern

- able to cope with a trailer

-child friendly (2 @ 8 & 6) which in practical terms means a family room

- not too expensive (well I did have to give a fiver to that Johnson feller)

There, should be easy 😬

We know that we ought to know somewhere as we live so close, but we never need to find accommodation round here. Try 'The Fox Goes Free' at Charlton, which does B&B and good food. Alot of the pubs that do B&B are quite expensive, so although you say 'not a lodge', I would say two are worth a look. The Inkeepers Lodge at Fontwell is new with a pub next door and lots of parking (on Fontwell Race Course). The Premier Inn in Shripney is quite small and in a good loaction next to a pub. Lastly if you are bringing the whole family you could look at the new hotel at Butlins in Bognor Regis - it only opened in September, but you may get a weekend break deal.

Hope that helps,

Lynn

10 minutes south of Petworth - approx 15 minutes drive to Goodwood. Old railway station Hotel - dead end road, ample room for trailer with no prying eyes. Beautiful location, stay in a carriage - Gastro Pub 100 yds up the road - really good food.

www.old-station.co.uk

Tel: 10798 342346

The Nerve of the man! *mad*

After all his insults, and rudeness to his kind sensitive class 1 colleagues, he has the cheek to ask for POLITE suggestions! 😔

Just to prove how good his colleagues are, they were..... *biggrin*

Say thank you nicely now Niel,

What's the weather like?

Mike

to his kind sensitive class 1 colleagues

Where were they then? *tongue*

I wasn't actually expecting polite comments but I thought I'd ask.

Re the weather, don't tell me you're in some overheated hellhole like Brazil again while we are all enjoying the snow , ice, cold, fog and drizzle over here 😬

Overheated, not quite, just walking around in a t shirt is warm enough at 22 degrees.

Brazil, not quite, just a bit quieter in Qatar

Here until July, so won't be on track until then.

Enjoy it all, I'll catch up later and will try and put in a bit of rude impoliteness whenever I can

Enjoy,

Mike

(aka VII SVN)