Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Horn not working

Mole

I've made all the connections in the assembly guide but the horn doesn't work. I know it isn't the horns or their earthing (they work with a direct live feed), it isn't the fuse (I've checked it and swopped it with another of similar rating), it isn't the horn push (I've proved it completes a circuit when pressed).

Not sure what to check next. An automotive electrical friend has a very quick look and said that the horn push completes an earth circuit - he thought this must be part of a circuit with a relay - I'm not sure this is correct because all the relays installed seem to be for other things.

SVA approaching and this would be a show-stopper! Can anyone suggest what I should try next please?

Keep flying low

Mole @ the animal with attitude (well almost!)

Just possible it's a fault in the loom. When I build my car the oil temp gauge didn't work or this very reason.

Try running a new wire from the push button to the horn(s). If it works the feed it along the loom into a permanent position. That's probably easier than faffing around trying to find the fault in the loom.

Hope that helps.

Steve.

Finally tracked the problem down to a loose connection between the loom and the relay - simple really. Thanks Steve for your suggestion which I didn't have to try - couldn't face having to rig up an alternative circuit with relay and all.

Mav - thanks especially for the wiring diagram which I found v. useful (once I'd printed it on A3 size paper!)

Keep flying low

Mole @ the animal with attitude (well almost!)