Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Number Plates

66 DAY

No doubt this has been discussed many times but when passing the MOT this week (I know, bad time of year) the tester said he'd have no problem passing the car with an adhesive plate on the nose. Proviso being that the plate was reflective with proper sized lettering & spacing such as from http://www.craigsplates.com/self-adhesive-number-plate.

Any views / thoughts?

Simon

• Area Representative

My car has passed MOTs for 5 years with a stick on front number plate (on the nose cone - between badge and grill).

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Edited by - Paul Richards on 6 Jan 2010 12:23:03

The MOT tester may just be being slightly leinient. If so take the certificate and go. Technically speaking, the plate has to be mounted on a vertical(ish) plane. There was a very long thread on thsi subject a couple of months ago.

P

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

and mine with no front plate for the past 2 years...... Just the emissions and a quick look round. No lights, brakes or anything like that. Last year he passed me a torque wrench to swap my front wheels over as I had the CR500's running backwards on the front. Apparently (and I didn't know this), it's not legal on the road and would also invalidate my insurance if I crashed on the way home.

Nice to have someone who lives in the real world! I think the phrase was "anyone with a car like that is going to make sure it's properly sorted"

Stuart,

Where do you take yours?

I have used New Park Garage for the last few years and they have been very sensible.

Be useful to know if there is another reliable tester in the area 😬

Mike

Edited by - mikes on 8 Jan 2010 16:10:25