Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fabulous R300 (Current Situation)

Mike C.

***NOW SOLD TO ANDREW G.***

Apologies to others but, in fairness, Andrew was the first person to enquire, maintained contact and came down as soon as the weather improved.

Just in case anyone is considering an R300, mine might be for sale in the near future. It's a superb, very hi-spec, example that I have owned and loved from new, but other interests/commitments mean it is sadly getting much too little use.

Basic details:

- Factory built, Millwood supplied and serviced (all meticulously documented with every invoice from new)

- Built as Superlight 154 in 09/01 but returned to Factory on my behalf by Millwod to be upgraded to full R300 spec. (inc R300 badging)

- 1.8 (160bhp+ Supersport R) engine

- 6spd, LSD, Wide Track, big brakes, etc

- Finished in unique Bugatti Racing Blue (Provence Blue)

- All the usual Superlight options plus:

- Caterham Carbon dash with Stack instrumentation

- Caterham Carbon Tillets (with removable Oxted leather padding)

- Caterham R500 split rim magnesium wheels

- Caterham Carbon Airbox with R500 radiator

- Full hood (never used) plus half hood, plus tonneau, etc

- Quick release s/w (with two Momo wheels - leather and suede)

- Two full sets of Carbon wings (f&r) - one set painted, one set unpainted

- Caterham Carbon nose cone

- Plus lots of other nice items and detailing

- Corner weighted, serviced and MOT'd only 100 miles ago.

- Only 5,159 miles from new (mostly touring, plus one track day per year)

- Lovely condition - kept in a heated/dehumidified garage

Cost well over £30k, so price would be around £17,500

Photos on request - mvc@fly7.co.uk

Edited by - Mike C. on 16 Jan 2010 20:54:37

Edited by - Mike C. on 17 Jan 2010 11:38:18

Hi Mark -happy new year.

The real shame is that I've averaged less than 800 miles pa in it 😳

Having said that, it has been great to have it in the garage available for summer fun and the occasional relaxed track day. Nothing beats a Seven on the right road .

I always planned to keep it until my son was old (and sensible) enough to use it. But he's getting keen on racing so we are looking at other factors, and I'm re-jigging the rest of the portfolio.

So far I've had five serious blatmails (thanks gents). I'll send you all some updated pics and info later.

Apologies to anyone who has been trying to contact me. I forgot to renew my Club membership so I've been off-line since Saturday.

To update; I am prepared to sell. The price is as above, and for a further £400 I will include an indoor fitted Lotus cover, an outdoor fitted microfibre cover (these cost £250) a spare pair of front R500 magnesium wheels, a spare matching Caterham nose cone, a set of used AO48s, plus other any other spares and accessories.

Already had quite a lot of interest but for pics email direct at - mvc@fly7.co.uk - I'm nr Tetbury.

Edited by - Mike C. on 9 Jan 2010 15:05:06

Thanks to Andrew, Rob, Si, Richard and co., who had hoped to pop down.

Unfortunately the weather here, and most everywhere, has made conditions too treacheous to risk travelling - and next week doesn't look much better *confused*.

Anyway, it's staying tucked up in its nice warm garage. Best for anyone interested to wait until there is a window in the weather.

In the meantime email mvc@fly7.co.uk for any info/pics.

Update 16.01.10

The weather has at last improved and Andrew G, the first person to contact me about the car (see above), has asked to come to see it tomorrow morning. So, trying to be as fair to everyone as possible, at this point he has first refusal.

SOLD To Andrew G. 17.01.10

Edited by - Mike C. on 17 Jan 2010 11:32:19