Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pedals

Feldie

Hey everybody recently going through a mechanics junkyard i found a replica of a lotus seven s3 and decided to restore it. Ive been encountering mutliple charms but they just all add up to the charm the thing thats been really bothering are the pedals given that they are soi close together that i press the clutch and brake at the same time. Anybody have ideas on a solution for this????

Feldie,

Let me explain.

We're not pains in the *ss, but you're on the wrong site.... this is for real Caterham and Lotus 7 enthusiasts.....we'll help you, as much we can, but none of us are really interested in scrapyard replicas. Having said that I would love to visit Uruguay and I'm sure we could help you to get the 'real thing'

Hasta luego,

Paul

hola y welcom al loto 7 cargadores de la raza del club son la mejor cosa a usar en este tipo de coche

sorry about the translation it must be my scottish accent 😬

fred *eek*

Edited by - fred on 11 Aug 2002 01:02:31

See if the pedals can be removed from the car and then gently bend them to the desired position , or like others have said - try some race boots or even slippers - quite a popular choice for R500 owners I'm led to believe *wink*

What is the car Feldie ? ,can you give some more info ...........

Dave

Guys lets not forget that LOTUS sold kits/ or the rights to assemble s3,s in Argentina, its possable this is what our man has found, so lets all play nicely together, you just don,t know it could be a car thats very rare, and very much a 7............................... *wink*

Hi Feldie,

As previously asked by Dave J, what more can you tell us about your car? Most of us will be facinated by what you have found and are restroring, but there are always the odd one or two people who act as if their sh*t don't stink 'cos they have a Caterham (which IS a replica as Mike E. will attest to!). I have a Caterham but am always pleased to see anyone with an alternative car to the norm, Westfields included. Can you post some pictures somewhere for us to look at? As for the pedals, if they are mounted on a shaft/long bolt as a pivot, try spacing the pedals with washers to get more clearance.

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

See Eugene here

and

Lotus@Herts here

Thank you everybody fort the support. answering some questions i will post some pictures of the car so everybody checks out what exactly i have in my hands, I know its old (registered about 26 years ago) and that it has some original Lotus 7 parts, but as in everything old and not maintained well newthings have been incorporated.

I find it's quite useful that the accelerator pedal is set further away from me than the other two, this makes it easier to feel where your foot is and also easier to H&T because the brake and the accelerator are level when you have your foot on the brake

Kermit the frog (when you see Y68 YBP you'll understand)