Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Waxoyl

Glenn Wheeler

I noticed a brief mention of Waxoyl in the winter jobs topic. It wouuld appear that theior are many seven owners who are not using any protection.

(before you mention it Anna I am not talking about birth control)

I have used this product on every car I have owned. I have found the best way to use it, is to buy it in a gallon can and mix it 50/50 with white spirit just blast it into every space your imagination takes you, using a simple garden spray bottle. More accurate application can be done with a medical syringe ie behind windscreen supports. Dont bother with the aerosol type,this just comes out in an uncontolled mess. It is ideal for the alloy to chassis folds. It really works well, I recently did some work on my rear suspension and simply washed the waxoyl off with white spirit and the parts were just like new again.

Can't recommend it highly enough myself. Like Glenn, I have used it on several cars (well the ones that matter anyway) and it is just great for preventing corrosion. To make it easier to use, I normally stand the can in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes then just spray everywhere.

Can't recommend it highly enough myself. Like Glenn, I have used it on several cars (well the ones that matter anyway) and it is just great for preventing corrosion. To make it easier to use, I normally stand the can in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes then just spray everywhere.

Go to the Hammerite site at

www.hammerite-automotive.com

There is loads of info on the Finnigan range of metal protectors including hints on how to use their range of paints and Waxoyl.

Happy waxing. I wonder if Anna Rexia could use Waxoyl for hair removal from legs and other important places.

I had the French importer on the phone today and he told me that WAXOYL was not sold in France for DIY applications because the French customer are apparently reluctant to crawl under their cars to spray the stuff. I told him that I was ready to do so to protect my little car, and he was however amenable to sell me a 5 liter can

@ FF 95 + VAT /liter because he has a friend who is refurbishing a MG B and he likes to help me too. However, he is recommending that I buy the special air gun which is worth around 1 500 FF including VAT, and is necessary according to him if you do not want to dilute the wax with white spirit in an attempt to get maximum protection?

Question: is it necessary to use the special gun?

Pierre

Pierre

Visit the Hammerite site mentiioned above. Go the automotive bit and look at underneath protection. They suggest warming the stuff up, this has also been mentioned above. I've never used a power gun to dispense Waxoyl. You can buy a small applicator but that is similar to the gun found on household cleaners.

Have fun and keep it away from the hairy bits.

John E