Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR 260

Caesar

The tax man has just given me a major problem and I have to sell! Here goes with the main facts:

CSR 260

only 2,500 miles!

proper Arch Chassis

Every extra imaginable (almost!)

Built as a labour of love

full build documented on film

well over £40,000 of bills and receipts

completely redesigned engine bay

full black powder coated frame and panels

completely re-trimmed by Oxted Trimming

strengthened diff mountings by Arch

smaller headlamps and headlamps lowered

indicator pods removed and indicators re-sited

split-rim Supalite wheels

spare wheel rack (removable, made by Arch)

cat by-pass pipe (original included)

Oh, and so much more!

here if it asks you for a password enter (lower case) ' salmon '

£30,000

email me or for a phone number and we can chat

Edited by - caesar on 19 Dec 2009 13:40:30

I reckon it's under the plate with the red emergency shut off switch and red/black cables running to/from it shown in some of the engine bay pics or maybe low down just in front and below that place.

Lovely looking car from the pics.

-----Ashley Webster.

Yes, it's me again...

Edited by - The_ASH on 19 Dec 2009 16:14:43

Petrolhead, the battery is a Varley 'red top' and sits in a cage fixed to the frame below the induction. This made it easier to keep an un-cluttered scuttle. To allow for a battery conditioner to be connected or, even a jump start, there are two terminal pillars on the box with the cut-off switch.

Regarding the brake master cylinder, I do not have any brakes in the interest of weight saving.

It's such a shame that you are selling David, but FWIW I think it is one of, if not, the best CSR that I've seen. [and I've seen a few]. Your engine bay is a work of art, and I know how difficult it was getting all my pipe and cable runs looking neat, now you've made mine look really scruffy 😔 I'll have to make more effort when I put the engine back in a couple of months *wink*

Best of luck with the sale *thumbup*

Paul J.

David, sorry to see you selling ☹️

For anyone considering this car I can vouch that absolutely no effort or expense has been spared during it's construction. This is probably one of the only cars I would sell my 7 to exchange for. Good luck with the sale *thumbup* *thumbup*.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Su77on Se7ener

Hi Steve, thank you for your kind comments!

I truly breaks my heart to sell, I have spent so much time and money on it but, needs must right now.

However, when my fortunes turn (when!) I will build another. I still reckon the CSR is the pinnacle of CC design, far away from the other sevens I have had.

. . . pause to wipe a tear!

d

"Millsn" sent the following to me by blatmail:

Didn't know how to ask this without mucking up your "for sale" thread any further, so thought I'd PM you. Was looking over your car details and noticed the unusual garage floor. Hope you don't mind my asking but what does it cost to tile a garage floor? Is it cheaper than carpet tiles or paint for instance?

but when I reply I get the email bouncing back, so, to answer your query here is my email reply:

Hi,

They are 'normal' quarry tiles but, certainly not cheap!

First of all you have to have the floor completely smooth and level and, unless you are a dab hand at tiling, then you get an expensive bloke in to lay them!

I guess you are looking at around £80 per square metre.

Carpet tiles would be 10% of that and paint even less

Good Morning.

I am trying to keep this near the top so I shall treat you to a 'Cooperism' or a "Man walked into . . ." joke at regular intervals. If this p155e5 you off, buy my CSR!

A man goes to the Psychiatrists and the Psychiatrist says: 'What's the problem' The man says, 'I think I'm becoming a kleptomaniac. 'The Psychiatrist says, 'Here take these tablets and if you're no better in a week' ..... 'Bring me a colour TV'.