Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Water Wetter

The_ASH

Question.... does anyone know of anywhere other than Demon Tweeks that stocks the aforementioned product on the shelf, preferably in the Oxon/Berks area. Just went around to PartCo to get some Comma Coldstream and somewhat predictably they have never heard of Water Wetter but enquired with their supplier and still drew a blank. I need the stuff for a Rad change not on my Seven but on my Seicento Sporting which has a miniscule radiator and insists on running the somewhat noisy fan a great deal in the warmer weather so I thought i'd treat it to some Coldstream and WW at the same time as changing the rad which has become porous in the last few weeks.

Ashley Webster.

1400 Supersport

• 2 weeks later...

What a nice bunch Fluke are, the stuff turned up as rapidly as promised, well packed, cheaper than the Demon etc.

Best kind of blatant Advert there could ever be !

Now for the main event tommorrow... anyone ever removed the front of a Seicento... no thought not.

Ashley Webster.

1400 Supersport

Hi,

What does a 'water wetter' do, is it suitable to use in a new ( Zetec ) engine, are there any down sides.

The engine under question is not in a Caterham but a new Morgan. The engine runs hot on ALLthe late models ensuring that the radiator fan is on constantly when normal running temp is reached.

Cheers,

Mark.

( Former 2 x Caterham owner )

Water wetter claims to breakdown the surface tension within the cooling system . This then enables a greater heat transfer and hence cooling capability .

I have run with water wetter ( or similar ) for many years , with no over heating and maintaining a constsnt 75-80C no matter how hard I push on . Of course thats not to say that this is due to the use of water wetter , as i have never done a back to back test .

Dave Walker did a test in CCC a few years back and he concluded that it did provide an increased cooling capability .

Dave

I`ve got a zetec and a bottle of Water Wetter although I haven`t introduced the two to each other yet!

The zetec should run quite hot, the fan comes on quite high 92 (or is it even higher than that) I think although my guage is usually running higher (dodgy guages again!) Mine normally runs somewhere between 60-80 and only goes higher in traffic. Water Wetter is supposed to reduce temps by about 10 degrees.

Sceicento, front removal, done it 3 times now, piece of cake. My son is a Max Power type (don't knock at least he's quite knowledgable) so he has a modded front fitted.

What's the problem? All you need is a hex key socket and a 300mm long ratchet extension for under front wings. They are held to front valance by large washer type hex screws, remove set screws on inner arch protector front, then 2 hex screws each side on inner seam. then there's four across front top valance, under bonnet. All then lifts off a treat.

Rob Lane

I've used water wetter in my Zetec for a couple of years now and conclude that it does indeed work well to reduce running temperatures.

I believe Alex Wong has also had good results when using it.

Must admit I was slightly, ok make that very, sceptical to start with but it actually does work. *thumbup*

Brent