Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wheels and tyres HPC

CFS

HI

What´s the corret size of wheels 13x6-13x7 rear or 13x7-13x8 rear for my k series

reconvert in 225 hp Vahuxhall, I like minilite wheels.

Tyres which are recommended for road use and ten day track

Many thanks

CFS

NOTE the car is 1998 chassis

I have 6" and 7.5" from BM wheels

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Mine are from Barnby Engineering in effect R500 wheels but have different innner and outer rim sizes. I have to look up what they were I just got in from work so not tonight. From memory the outer rear are the same as R500 bit the inner less so they just miss the frame. The fronts have a larger outer so the look the same as the rear on a R500.

On a R500 the front outer is not quite the same as the R500 rear I can do this as they ore clamshell wings. Will look up the inner and outer sizes and let you know. They have A048 tyres185 on the front 205 on the rear both 60 x 13

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Well think your correct they are 6.5 on the front not 6. If thats true then us original HPC owners had 6.5 all round but were also 14" *wink*

Reworded as clearly my previous statement was tosh!..... My original '91 VX HPC came with 6" all round on 185 x 13". I think this was mainly because the first owner did a lot of racing with it.

Mine now has 6" front and 7" rear as it fills the rear arches better, using 185 and 205 60 profile Toyo 888s.

I also have a set of Barnby 6.5" and 7.5" but you could fit a set of new Caterham 8 spoke 6" and 8" rears, still using 185 and 205s.

The world is your oyster, as they say!

Edited by - Ian R on 18 Dec 2009 09:25:05

*arrowup*

Yep I was right the 1st time they were 6 x 14 just looked it up on the original order

What me throw car bills away 😬

However, I have not found the Barnby wheel one YET *wink* but think that is 6.5 for the fronts *confused*