Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Hans device and seats

catastrada

I'm about to buy a HANS device.

Last October I went in Dijon with the French Lotus Club and as Stand 21 is based near this track they came to educate us and share their experience regarding on Hans Devices.

I tried one Hans in my caterham and I dicovered that the holes in the Caterham Tillets, behind my shoulders, are too low.

After some searches I saw that Tillet released 2 seats with revised holes to be Hans friendly : the B4 and the B6.

The B6 is based on the Caterham tillet seat with he same fixing points underneath.

Does anybody have any experience using the Tillet B6?

Is there another way I should explore and what is the solution adopted by UK racers if they are using a HANS device?

castrada

I fitted my Hans over last winter, it's a bit more involved than you'd like.

You have to book yourself in at Arch (who I believe are the only accredited Hans fitters for 7's), attend with your car, cage off and seat in.

You'll then be measured up and the new belt anchors brazed in while you wait. This is to ensure correct angles for belts over the Hans.

The service from Arch was 1st class and a pleasure to watch a craftsman at work *thumbup*, but it was still a day off work for me.

Seat wise, I've got a Caterham low back race seat, I couldn't get on with a Tillett with helmet and Hans on, despite front spacers to get tilted back more. Your neck still gets flexed forward and I'm not the only person to pull their Tillets out as a result

Hope thats helpful

jerry