Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Track Day spec.

Competitive Dad

I have recently acquired a factory standard Caterham 7 Cosworth HPC. Great sound but too noisy for track days. Which silencer should I fit? Also I read that a "MSA acceptable role bar" is required. I assume my car doesn't have this. Again what do I fit and where do I get it. Thank you in advance for any advise.

Raceco (advert in Low Flying) should be able to help with the silencer. Alternatively Tech Craft at Warwick. The bigger the better !Both these types are repackable so that you can refresh your silencer when it gets a little noisy.

No doubt others will be along soon with alternatives.

The FIA Roll over bar can be supplied by Caterham. Look in competitors kornersprinting specs 2002 (from the homepage on this site for information on roll over bars)

Edited by - ecr on 8 Aug 2002 13:23:49

I sure it was PC or Mike Bees, but could be wrong..... Not casting any dispertions. Blue Oyster style bars can be found in Brighton, I've got some friends whom would take you and you could ask ....... *smile*

Greg, Q 86 NTM (Green 185BHP XF)

Mr Welham (very formal!)

notwithstanding the rights or wrongs of FIA (MSA) rollbars versus others, to my knowledge there is only one track day organiser who insists on the fitment of these. That is this club (and quite rightly) however there are LOTS of track days you can do (at your own risk) without any roll bar should you chose.

Si

John

I wouldn't assume your rollbar is not FIA approved, I reckon I see more FIA bars on Caterhams than the standard effort.

What does yours look like ? (waits for stupid replies as well as the serious) If you have a diagonal brace in addition to the standard rollover bar and rear supports, it's 99% an FIA bar and fine.

If it's thin, no diagonal and looks more like a bent wardrobe rail, you should change it disregarding any track day intentions.

Ignore the other replies, they don't get out much. *smile*

I bought a Cherry Bomb bolt on silencer from Demon T to get me onto Goodwood for a 97dB day. Worked a treat although I had to saw the rolled over end off the existing silencer before it would slip on. Cost £45 , well worth it and it allows me to keep my noisy silencer for road use. I have an HPC also and the power drop wasn't noticable - still caught a 911 turbo by the 2nd corner !