Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Armourfend in the North West?

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Has anyone managed to find someone in reasonable distance of Cheshire who can supply and fit Armourfend? My newly painted wings are back from the bodyshop and it'd be a real shame to mess them up first run out ☹️

And before anyone suggests I do it myself ........ been there and bought the post card, never again!

Stu.

Joint Area Representative MAD Sevens (Merseyside And District)

www.superse7ens.co.uk..........the rebuild 😬

Edited by - sforshaw on 11 Dec 2009 07:30:58

• Area Representative

Stu

I think Dave Horridge has found someone who can do it to a good standard - drop him an e-mail.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

• 2 months later...

Guys I have emailed these people to find out if they could do a local fitting.PPG The website says they have fitters all over the uk and they do bulk discount. If we could all have it done at the same place maybe it could work out well? If they have a local fitter is this worth following up?

The guard is also cheaper than armourfend that I have found and comes recommended on BC

Opinions please?!

C7 WEA 1.6K DVA Power

Edited by - Wil Akroyd on 19 Feb 2010 21:31:21

Edited by - Wil Akroyd on 19 Feb 2010 21:32:51

• Leadership Team

I've been beavering away at this one! I contacted Scratchguard who have a fitting department in Altrincham, but their response was "fit the carbon protectors first then we can include them with the protective film" - I decided they didn't really know what they were doing with respect to a 7!!! Following Dave Jacksons advice I then bought some film from Invisible Film who I've now discovered are the people in Golborne who I took Englishmaninwales's wings to .... who made a mess of them.

I did however have some success fitting the film they supplied - the film is really flexible and I managed to stretch it nicely into position - my wings are off the car. However I had a big issue with dust under the film caused by my fingers contacting the underside of the wing which although I thought was clean, obviously was not. Result being that I've wasted a whole piece *mad* second attempt though went really well.

I still need to do the second wing with the little I have left!

Stu.

• Leadership Team

I think a good tip would be ...... remove the wings to fit the protection, I'm not sure I'd be happy tackling the job in situ! Now need to psych myself up to doing the other wing!

Stu.

• Leadership Team

If there's a few sets to be done it would be far more economical to combine and cut them from one sheet of protective film. One LH and one RH are not very film efficient when cutting!

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Another question for anyone who's done it themselves .... my car is Lotus Azure blue and due to the dark colour, having fitted the film (and I believed removing all the bubbles and detergent fully) I think there are still a few detergent marks where I've really had to "work" the film. Can anyone recommend a suitable detergent that is easier to get out?

Stu.