Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Luke Belts - Mods

Petrolhead

I am going to treat myself to some new harnesses but can't decide on Black or blue. I am getting Luke.

Its pathetic I know but would just like some thoughts. Black goes with out but then the beslts will get sold with the car, blue may get dirty quickly

So, enough gassing BLUE or BLACK

-----

My site-----

Edited by - petrolhead on 9 Dec 2009 14:49:25

Edited by - petrolhead on 9 Dec 2009 18:25:26

Just out of interest I am getting these direct from Luke and they said the can mod them to suit whatever I need.

I was thinking about getting them to increade the distacle of the lap belt fixing to the adjuster buy 20mm as it usually catches on the hole in the tillet. Do you think 20mm will be enought, I am a 5' 10" driver?

-----

My site-----

PH,

You say the nicest things 😬

Another thought on mine (I've got Willans) the direction of pull on the lap strap adjusters is reversed.

I think Luke typically adjust by pulling up and towards the centre of the car and when I spoke with them a couple of years ago they were prepared to make the lap strap adjusters so that the adjuster was nearer the buckle/loose end and that to tighten the belts you actually pulled downwards and away from the centre. This would keep the

adjuster bit away from the holes in the Tillet.

I hope this all makes sense? Sorry , no pictures.

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

• Leadership Team

What Chris says is key, and I've just gone through this when I ordered a set from Luke. Just make sure you say that I you want a SET from them (one left and one right handed) - last time I orderd harnesses from a distributor (DT) they sent me 2 that adjusted from the same side, then had to pay Luke to adjust them.

I also ordered with lightweight adjusters which I feel are easier to use and also reduce weight a bit. Michael.

Buckles are easily swapped from one lap strap to the other.

If you have lowered floors, consider getting the lap straps made 40mm shorter. When the floor is lowered, the lap strap mounting points are higher relative to Tillett bringing the adjusters into the seat and if you are skinny you'll run out of adjustment before the lap straps are sufficiently tight.

Richard at Luke/Corbeau v helpful.

P

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬

Luke are very helpfull, i can't fault them 😬 the only problem is that they don't deal direct with customers.

So if you need something special this is what you can do :

You talk to Luke and explauin what u need, then you ring someone that sells Luke ( Holden )and say i just been on the phone with Luke and i need this special harness.

A week later you have your special haness 😬