Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting seats with lowered floor

z7

• Area Representative

I want to fit a lowered floor (on the driver's side). However, I have some older type leather seats which fit to the chassis rails. Has anyone modified or devised a way to still fit the seats to the chassis with the lowered floor? I don't want to fit the seats to the floor itself.

Thanks

Adil

• Area Representative

*smile* Yeah, but as I said, I've already got these seats. And even if my 🙆🏻 was better padded, I'd still want the Tillet fixed to the chassis. *tongue* 😬

• Area Representative

Not sure that your older seats would easily adapt to fitting on the floor and it would be quite some fabrication to fasten seats to the chassis bearing in mind the chassis will be 2 inches higher than the floor.

Also not sure why you'd want to still fit seats to the chassis. The later S type seats fit directly onto the flat floors which have strengthening channels below. The lowered floors are much thicker alluminium and also have stiffeners which fit under the runners. Tried and tested and appear to be perfectly strong enough, especially as on lowered floor half the rivets are in "shear".

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

• Area Representative

Paul - my feeling is that fitting to the chassis is stronger. Even compared to the thicker, strengthened floor. Admittedly, I'm not a mechanical engineer.

Also, someone has said they have had to trim the nuts to avoid them grounding out, especially at Paddock Hill with a passenger.

Cheers *thumbup*